Ecliptek Corporation has vested its Quality Department to verify and ensure success of the
Ecliptek Mission Statement.
Ecliptek's Mission Statement:
Ecliptek Corporation is in business to profitably supply our markets with a focused product
line of quality frequency control products. Our goal is to steadily grow by providing unparalleled
customer service and an unwavering long term commitment to our customers, employees and suppliers.
To ensure the success of this task, Ecliptek's President and Quality Department created a
Quality Improvement Manual. This document, based upon ISO 9001, states what tasks Ecliptek will
perform to insure that the Mission Statement is continually being fulfilled. A basic tenet of Ecliptek
stated in the Quality Improvement Manual, is Ecliptek's Quality Policy.
Ecliptek's Quality Policy:
Ecliptek Corporation will deliver defect-free products and services on time to our internal and
The Quality Policy clearly goes to the very root of Quality. Perfect Quality means that the customer
receives exactly what they ordered from Ecliptek. Ecliptek accepts a customer's purchase order only when
it can guarantee to produce the ordered product, deliver that product when promised, and present all
types of accurate information.
Ecliptek designed a Quality System that promotes continuous improvement. Acceptable Quality cannot
be inspected in a product; it must be designed into the product. This Quality System is based
upon 4 tiers.
- The first tier consists of the Quality Improvement Manual which states what must take place
in order to fulfill the Mission Statement.
- The second tier consists of Standard Operating Procedures that specify what specific activities must
take place to satisfy the Quality Improvement Manual policies.
- The third tier consists of Work Instructions which state how to perform the specified activities of the
Standard Operating Procedures.
- The fourth tier consists of Training Resources that are used to train
personnel how to effectively perform the tasks specified in the Work Instructions.
Ecliptek's Quality System utilizes the PDCA action plan. PDCA stands for Plan, Do, Check, and Analyze.
This plan has no ending point. It continuously loops around which promotes continuous improvement.
- The Plan phase not only involves Product Engineering, but also includes Quality Engineering,
Manufacturing Engineering, Resource Planning, Marketing Planning, and Sales Support Planning.
- The Do phase entails the implementation of all of the engineering and planning.
- The Check phase includes all tests and inspections of product, operational audits, and customer feedback.
- The Analyze phase consists of various studies of the obtained data to determine what products,
processes, and operations need to be improved.
The results of these analyses are returned to the Plan phase for reduction or elimination of problems.
This PDCA cycle repeats itself for effective continuous improvement.